The Pottstown Regional Public Library is a passport application facility registered with the U.S. Department of State.
How to Apply for a Passport
- Call the library to make an appointment. 610-970-6551
- Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have a notarized letter from the absent parent.
- The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents names listed, or an expired passport.
- 1 passport photo with a white background.
- Check to the U.S Department of State (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). There is an extra fee for expedited passport application. Payment to the Department of State must be a check.
- Check to the library (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). Library fee can also be paid with a credit/debit card.
- Completed passport application, filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of Wite-Out.
- Valid PA photo driver's license, or, if out-of-state license, a second ID is required.
We do not take the passport photographs. AAA, Sears, WalMart, drugstores, and other business offer passport photo service.
You can pick up an application at the library or download the application from www.travel.state.gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the application form at the library in the presence of the library staff passport agent for the application to be valid.
www.travel.state.gov provides complete information about juvenile and adult passports, valid IDs, fees, passport renewal and more.
Turnaround Time: In general it takes 4-6 weeks for standard processing and 2-3 weeks for expedited processing of passport applications through the Department of State.