New in 2015: Passport Photos at PrPL
The Pottstown Regional Public Library is a passport application facility registered with the U.S. Department of State.
How to Apply for a Passport
- Call the library to make an appointment. 610-970-6551
- Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have a notarized letter from the absent parent.
- The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- Proof of citizenship
- State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents' names listed
- -OR- a previous US Passort if you were 16 years or older at the time of issuance.
- 1 passport photo with a white background. Photo services are available at the library. Please inform library staff if you need a passport photo.
- Check to the U.S Department of State (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). There is an extra fee for an expedited passport application. Payment to the Department of State MUST be a check or a money order.
- Check to the library (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). Library fee may also be paid with cash or a credit/debit card.
- Completed passport application, filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of Wite-Out or scribbled/blacked out information.
- Proof of ID
- Valid PA photo driver's license, (if out-of-state driver's license, a second ID is required).
- -OR- other current government issued photo ID
- Valid ID as above for each of a minor's parents.
You can pick up an application at the library or download the application from www.travel.state.gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the application form at the library in the presence of the library staff passport agent for the application to be valid.
www.travel.state.gov provides complete information about juvenile and adult passports, valid IDs, fees, passport renewal and more.
Turnaround Time: In general it takes 4-6 weeks for standard processing and 2-3 weeks for expedited processing of passport applications through the Department of State.